3rd Barnehurst Scout Group
Online Meetings using Zoom App
Online meetings will take place using the ‘Zoom’ app/software which can be downloaded from https://zoom.us/
Security measures will be enabled and the meetings will be by email invitation only.
There will be at least 2 Section Leaders from 3rd Barnehurst attending virtual meetings.
We would ask that the Parents/Guardians observe/understand the following points:-
- • Your Zoom Account should be setup by, and in the name of the Parent/Guardian, not the child.
- • Please make sure your Zoom Account has a secure password.
- • Please use the most up-to-date version of Zoom as this will include any new security updates.
- • If we suspect any form of security breach during a meeting; then the meeting will be suspended immediately.
- • Please do not share the Zoom Meeting ID or Password with anyone else, including other Scouts or Parents/Guardians of Scouts. If you know of someone who would like to be included in a meeting, then please contact the Section Leader to arrange.
- • On-screen user names should be recognisable to the leaders; as any names not recognised will not be allowed into the meeting from the virtual waiting room.
- • We would ask that the Scouts are observed throughout the meeting by a parent/guardian; and we would request that Scouts do not participate from their bedroom. Make sure the background space is child-friendly and appropriate.
- • We request usual Scout behaviour/expectations. Please be friendly, polite and respectful at all times (remember The Scout Law).
This page was reviewed and updated on 11th June 2020.
3rd Barnehurst Scout Group is not responsible for the content of external sites and takes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites. Links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind.